• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Modifying a Colt Python

I could *maybe* see the GC logo if done well, even though that would definitely hurt the collector value.

As for having the name of some random person engraved on it, that's plain stupid. Who would possibly want that?

This kind of thing (engraved give-aways) should be done using a new firearm, not a rare collectable.

WTF?

I actually had an older gentleman ask me about cerakoting his Colt Python a few weeks back. When he first sent me the message "How much to refinish a Colt Python" I politely declined and told him Cerakote would ruin the value. He then told me that this Python had been in a boat house for 20 years and got rusted pretty bad, then his son or someone sanded it down and spray painted it. I told him in that case I could definitely help him out :lol: actually been looking forward to that project showing up.

WTF?

I actually had an older gentleman ask me about cerakoting his Colt Python a few weeks back. When he first sent me the message "How much to refinish a Colt Python" I politely declined and told him Cerakote would ruin the value. He then told me that this Python had been in a boat house for 20 years and got rusted pretty bad, then his son or someone sanded it down and spray painted it. I told him in that case I could definitely help him out :lol: actually been looking forward to that project showing up.
Have him bring whoever sanded & painted that Python with him and stomp a mudhole in that dumbass. Lol!

Hell, you might as well paint it neon green and engrave "Zombie Response Unit" on it at this point.

It's already ****ed up anyway.

This is true.....What a waste! The Python and the Korth are the 2 most expensive collectible revolvers out there and they engraved it with that crap.

This is true.....What a waste! The Python and the Korth are the 2 most expensive collectible revolvers out there and they engraved it with that crap.
I think (and hope) GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet was pulling our legs with this thread anyway.

I didn't see anything on the GCO website about raffling off an engraved Python.

Back
Top Bottom