• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Modifying a Colt Python

Maybe but when I was a kid and picked up a gun mag and looked at the cover and saw a long barrel Colt Python with that vent rib on top it looked like a piece of jewelry. I mean that SOB was sexy if a gun could ever be sexy. That goes double for the stainless jobs.

Oh, they are definitely sexy looking. Love the Royal Blue finish. That's what mine had and it had quite a bit of holster wear by the time I sold it. I got it NIB for $259 and sold it several years later for over $800.

IMG_6366.PNG IMG_6365.PNG
IMG_6364.PNG
GAgunLAWbooklet GAgunLAWbooklet I almost hate to ask, but have you got any pics of the butchered Python?

Pics.
Looks like an early 1990s model, if I'm reading the copyright date on the owner's manual correctly.

Just from the limited pictures provided I question where the original price of $4000 came from. The gun looks to be a shooter grade without the engraving. That would put the value somewhere between $1500-2000. Some one else posted that this gun is not a collector piece, they are correct. It started as a shooter and now with the engraving is pretty much a truck gun.

They buggered the sideplate screw as well. Also around the side plate screw hole looks dinged.

Nice revolver. Not really a collector piece- signed or unsigned. Being signed relegates it to shooter status or woods gun. Who's signature is it anyway? Anyone of prominence or importance? Significance?

John R. Monroe is a founding member of GeorgiaCarry.Org, its current Vice President, its lead attorney in all gun rights litigation, and the author a "friend of the Court" brief received by the U.S. Supreme Court on the Heller v. D.C. case.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/about/the-leadership-of-gco/bios/#johnmonroe

He reviewed my gun laws book when Dan and I had just drafted the first edition, and there's a photo and biographical write-up on him in our book, thanking him for his input.

GCO plans to auction-off or raffle other guns in the future, and those guns will have the signatures of other GCO leaders.

I like it, I have been a member for about 10 years now and I was one of the few that got to speak to the Ga senate to get SB308 passed , it is still a colt and that is what makes is a great gun.

Back
Top Bottom