• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mon. Rant No. 2 - "Second Owners"

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
It seems like oddities on ODT come in waves like YouTube challenges. Recently, there has been a spate of "Second Owners" with no box, no documentation, no nothing -except apparently the word of the "first owner" that he is in fact the "first owner."

Then it's almost a mantra to recite, "low round count", or my personal fav, "looks like (or "you can see") low round count."

I mean for real, you're claiming something as significant for which you have absolutely no proof.

I place such statements in the same category of veracity as that of the chick you picked up last night claiming you are only the second man she has ever been intimate with, and your are the "best."

you need a Snickers fo sho.
E4AB96F6-6E85-48FF-9B08-91E47645C304.jpeg

Well, if I seem like a cranky old man, it's because, well, I am.

I've bartered, dickered, traded, swapped, picked, since I was a lad, and I always understood that there were certain unwritten rules. You're communicating with someone whose first paying "job" was picking up soft drink bottles for the nickel refund.

I don't know if it's the effect of CL, general Millennial snowflake attitude, folks who live in their parents basement or what, but it just seems as if in the last couple of years, gun sales on ODT have a large percentage of sellers who have little clue about what they are selling, make it known that they resent any question about what they are selling ("Q.is that .38 caliber a Special or S&W. "A.It's made by S&W"), and see oblivious to the fact that it takes two people of like minds to close a deal.

Also, it seems the more computer literate they are the less they realize this is the information age. Use to, being close was an economic advantage, but now any number of sellers on GB or Bud's or where ever will ship any gun I want to my local FFL, 3 miles away, who will transfer it to me for $10.

Well, if I seem like a cranky old man, it's because, well, I am.

I've bartered, dickered, traded, swapped, picked, since I was a lad, and I always understood that there were certain unwritten rules. You're communicating with someone whose first paying "job" was picking up soft drink bottles for the nickel refund.

I don't know if it's the effect of CL, general Millennial snowflake attitude, folks who live in their parents basement or what, but it just seems as if in the last couple of years, gun sales on ODT have a large percentage of sellers who have little clue about what they are selling, make it known that they resent any question about what they are selling ("Q.is that .38 caliber a Special or S&W. "A.It's made by S&W"), and see oblivious to the fact that it takes two people of like minds to close a deal.

Also, it seems the more computer literate they are the less they realize this is the information age. Use to, being close was an economic advantage, but now any number of sellers on GB or Bud's or where ever will ship any gun I want to my local FFL, 3 miles away, who will transfer it to me for $10.
Closing a deal on the Trader has become a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom