• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

More newby AK help. Hand-guard removal. M70 AB2 "ak"

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
Replacing the upper and lower hand-guards on m70 AB2. Appears to be cut and dry however upper was not an issue. Lower is the black plastic...
I have pushed the cam retention on the lower forward and it does have slight slide bot not enough to release completely. I didn't want to band the dang thing any further. Is there some special trick I haven't learned yet?
I am pretty well versed in disassembly I just want to do this right.

Thanks in advance!

Twisting as you are pulling back to remove or reinstall helps also. Now before you put that new hand guard on there put the retainer back in its place and lock it down. Now with a pencil mark the barrel on the outside of the retainer so you can see the "sweet spot." When you put the new hand guard on this helps sometimes or just for any reassembly of a tight hand guard retainer.

Twisting as you are pulling back to remove or reinstall helps also. Now before you put that new hand guard on there put the retainer back in its place and lock it down. Now with a pencil mark the barrel on the outside of the retainer so you can see the "sweet spot." When you put the new hand guard on this helps sometimes or just for any reassembly of a tight hand guard retainer.
Thanks a ton. Oiling that baby up. Going from plastic to wood, not a ring retainer yet I will add it when I can. making a temporary foil bushing.

that is what makes this site so great. You get an answer without a bunch of pretentious hullabaloo. Greatly appreciated Bambam

Back
Top Bottom