• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Morels, finally!

0   0
Reaction score
Well, me and the family were finally able to get on top of the morels. It's been a tough season so far. All of the properties that I have permission to be on that have the right habitat for whatever reason, didn't have any morels. So after our Disney trip, we went back and checked our patch and finally, found some. I think when the soil warms up more we're really going to have a huge flush!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I may get a chance to do some turkey hunting this weekend, if so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I haven't seen any so far this year.

So what type of terrain should I be looking in?

I've got swamps, hardwoods, pines and other various types on my land...

Where to look first.?

I can almost taste the battered deep fried morels now!!!! Hmmmmm
Here in Georgia the best place to look is in sandy bottoms near creeks and rivers. Make sure it's a hardwood bottom though. Look for Ash trees and may apples. If you can find that type of habitat you should score.

Here in Georgia the best place to look is in sandy bottoms near creeks and rivers. Make sure it's a hardwood bottom though. Look for Ash trees and may apples. If you can find that type of habitat you should score.

This^. I have done well a time or 2 looking in thick privet bottoms near creeks as well.

Back
Top Bottom