• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Morels, finally!

Make sure to wait until the are mature and shake them before you leave the area...Let the spores flow.
Indeed. That's why I put them in the porous sack. The ones we picked were over 12 days old. The temperature hasn't quite gotten warm enough for them to reach their potential. Plus there was a frost in the forecast for the next morning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

man I've been googling this subject all morning.. didn't think to check odt smh.. Didn't seem that too many GA natives were aware of these. this is like Midwesterners xmas when the morels come up.. hope to score this weekend.. (mushrooms)

Love it! First time looking through the hobbies forum and found some fellow shroomers! Have found a decent amount of morels so far but can't wait for chanterelle season!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2523.JPG
    IMG_2523.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 29
I don't think there is a specific time but I have a good spot that always puts up a lot of chanterelles and I drop by there every time I'm in the woods to see if any have popped up. It's still a little early, but I always find the most chanterelles when the weather is the least comfortable lol. I find the most when it's 97 degrees with 80% humidity. They will definilty start popping up soon if the weather stays nice and warm. Look for hardwood groves with a lot of leaf litter that gets disturbed when rain water washes through. A lot of the properties I look on are pretty hilly and I find chanterelles on the bottom of the hills where they bottom out into a creek or stream of some sort. They will pop up pretty much anywhere though but I'll definilty have to start a thread or something when I start finding them:thumb:

Morels.. but now I'm intrigued by these chanterelles lol..
lol I gotcha, well now is prime time to look for morels. Ground has gotten warm and we have been getting a little bit of rain. Especially now that the weather has gotten beautiful! As for specific time you can go in the morning or afternoon doesn't matter lol!

Back
Top Bottom