• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin magazines

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has kept up with this evolving project, but this guy in California has patented and is refining a 10rd mosin mag that requires no permanent modifications to a Mosin Nagant, when ever he finally finishes it, I plan to buy one and maybe work on a HB mosin project just to make 7.62x54r.net mad.

http://www.datamancer.net/mosinmags/

i55.tinypic.com_2n69ohs.jpg

I was actually thinking about a way to mod a mosin to take like psl mags but: 1) couldn't really think of a way to and 2) don't think I could mod a mosin that far..I'd feel bad and that'd be way too much to go into a $100 gun lol..I like the idea of a "bolt on" mag without doing permanent changes to the gun

Interesting... From watching his video I was unaware there was a rail you can mount scopes on up under the rear sight base....I might have to try that out!

Interesting... From watching his video I was unaware there was a rail you can mount scopes on up under the rear sight base....I might have to try that out!

Best way to mount a scope to this rifle if you ask me...which you didn't! :)

awesome! I put my name on that list. Gotta have one.

Mi tambien!

Last edited:
did you try the ATI over the bolt mount that works with their stock on your tan gun?

Anything over the bolt negates the use of stripper clips and forces the use of a modded bolt. I think mounting on the rear sight dovetail keeps the utility and economy of the rifle intact. Your mileage may vary...

Anything over the bolt negates the use of stripper clips and forces the use of a modded bolt. I think mounting on the rear sight dovetail keeps the utility and economy of the rifle intact. Your mileage may vary...

I'm thinking of doing an ATI stock with a machined bent bolt, not their crappy one, ATI scope mount, and possibly working on the Heavy barrel, just not sure I want to chew up a rifle for the Heavy barrel.

I'm thinking of doing an ATI stock with a machined bent bolt, not their crappy one, ATI scope mount, and possibly working on the Heavy barrel, just not sure I want to chew up a rifle for the Heavy barrel.

Yeah...their bolt solution is awful. And frankly, I haven't heard great things about their scope mount either....but the stock is great - if your willing to do some finishing work.

Back
Top Bottom