• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin magazines

Never heard that, what did you have to do?
Well, for starters the seams in the stock, both top and bottom, where it was broken from the mold were very rough. There was also a point just forward of the mag well on the bottom that was rough. I imagine it was were the resin was injected. Overall, fresh out of the box, fit and finish of the stock, I'd give it a 8/10. It really wasn't an issue for me though as I had intended, from the beginning, to paint it so I sanded it with some medium grit paper and roughed it up all over. If you want to leave it OEM black, you probably need to do some detail and wet sanding to smooth out all the rough spots.

Then when bedding the stock, there isn't enough room for the cartride interrupter to fully travel so as to get rounds down into the mag. About an hours worth of grinding with a dremel solved that though. Also took a little bit off around the barrel landing for a more comfortable fit.

Overall it wasn't awful...but it wasn't a "drop-in" install by any means. It's a nice stock, just not super-nice, but it's only $70 so you can't expect McMillan finishing :) I wouldn't be turned off from it...just know that you probably want get the stock, drop it in and head to the range in a half hour.

Also keep in mind this was a round receiver 91/30....if you have something different, I hear it's a lot easier...the M44's from what I hear are 100% plug and play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom