• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mosin Nagant Bolt Head Gunsmith Question

AC-130 Above

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
151   0
Reaction score
I got this the other day and was wondering/curious why the bolt head was looser than my other Mosins. Seems to lock up okay but should I replace my bolt head? Looks like it has been monkeyed with for some reason at some point - scratches around lug. Any insight? I know mosins have loose tolerances just wanna make sure it’s not going to eventually blow back into my chest one day. video link below.

0A747B74-2AFC-4697-A376-B9B8665BABE4.jpeg

https://click.email.vimeo.com/u/?qs...3d43db4b3cf642317658b36633f2b013a648961f4749d

The bolt itself is prob ok. I would closely examine the chamber for scratches or similar marks. I’ve seen marks like that happen when someone tried to use a screw driver or punch to break free a stuck bolt / split shell casing.

If it were mine I’d replace the bolt face….just because there’s no way to know what it’s been through

The bolt itself is prob ok. I would closely examine the chamber for scratches or similar marks. I’ve seen marks like that happen when someone tried to use a screw driver or punch to break free a stuck bolt / split shell casing.

If it were mine I’d replace the bolt face….just because there’s no way to know what it’s been through
prob will get a new bolt head then, not sure if you saw the video but it is pretty sloppy in there. Not sure if that is out of spec or not.

Back
Top Bottom