• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mossberg shockwave with shockwave pistol brace

traheem01

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
Needed some information about the legality of mounting a suarez international pdw pistol brace on a mossberg shockwave firearm. I feel like it shouldn't be any problem, with all the ARs, AKs and even glocks I see people mount them on. What would the carry restrictions be on a firearm like this.

The difference between those two instances is that the Mossberg is classified as a "firearm" and the others you mentioned are pistols. I'm not sure if that matters, but I'm interested in hearing the answers.

Personally, I would be hesitant making any modifications to the shockwave’s grip. The firearm classification is based on it’s current configuration.

Personally, I would be hesitant making any modifications to the shockwave’s grip. The firearm classification is based on it’s current configuration.

I can't give chapter and verse, but my initial thought is that you are going to be manufacturing a sawed off shotgun, which is something I personally would not do.

In other words, no one knows the answer, so you have to be willing to take one for team, and if you are wrong, you will have serious federal felony just for trying to have something cool.

It seems that in another thread there was discussion about BATF taking the position that possessing a "firearm" and stock at the same time created a sawed off weapon.

I would leave ad designed and approved by the BATF. Pistol braces go on pistols and it is not a pistol.
These peoe disagree with you
14544_presscdn_0_64.pagely.netdna_cdn.com_wp_content_uploads_20ec413beba0d5838d1fb8f5f7f345738.jpg

Back
Top Bottom