• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mossberg Turkey Gun won't pattern

Backwater

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hey guys I purchased a new 535 Mossberg Turkey Model, with the 20" barrel, thumb grip, camo etc. It comes with an extra tight ported choke. I have tried to pattern with 4s 5s and 6s at 40 yards, and it won't pattern. I guy at the range told me that he two Mossbergs similar to mine, and they wouldn't pattern either, and he got rid of them. I guess my question is, are these guns Junk, or is the standard choke Junk, or I just have a bad one, but they are good guns? I sure could use some advice.
Thanks
Backwater

Wife bought 535 thug same experience as yours, we even tried diff tutkey choke tube no joy. I can only assume its the porting having a detrimental effect. However couldny imagine the recoil in that lil light thing withoutit, that gun is misrry, sold it and bought her a benelli super nova and jellyhead it is perfection.

Just a suggestion, try a different brand of ammo. Seems that some shot guns like one brand better than another. My 870 patterens a lot better with plated buckshot instead of just lead. You might also try a different choke and/or check the inside of the choke and make sure that there are no rough spots that are messing with the wadding.

latest

Back
Top Bottom