• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most aggressive stippling pattern?

Oh, well if you want maximum grip for minimum price and it still look good, why not go the silicone carbide route?

Since I manically ordered an RMR and slide, was half-heartedly thinking of USPSA carry-optics division for it one day. I know stippling is specifically allowed, not sure if they allow silicon carbide epoxy coating. Definitely crossed my mind as an option though.

The new texture on the S&W M&P 2.0 is quite aggressive (more than Glock's Gen 4 texture). It does feel great, almost like velcro. I wouldn't like it for CC but for everything else it's pretty damn good.

Vertical lines will be the most aggressive, (like a standard checkering with the vertical lines being the last thing you do) the deeper the more aggressive, the wider the more aggressive. Grips made for noting but retention are ugly, but work like they should. If you're right handed the vertical grip stipple can wrap around from the blackstrap to the bottom right side of the grip to stay in contact with the palm of your hand. This makes a big difference in how hard the gun holds onto your hand.

What I describe is not for the occasional shooter. I've only done this for very active shooters that care very little how their gun looks, only how many hits are on target.

The most aggressive I've seen on a factory gun has to be the FNS stippling.

However I don't think an amateur could recreate all those little square blocks.

Oh, well if you want maximum grip for minimum price and it still look good, why not go the silicone carbide route?

Actually, I think I'm ready to try my hand at this. Does anybody have an extra bag of 40 grit silica carbide laying around?

Just kidding, I ordered 2 pounds of 36 grit on EBay. Pics and updates to come. If anybody wants some silicon carbide to try, shoot me a PM because I'll have extra.

Back
Top Bottom