• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most comfortable press height

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I have a Lee Turret press that is currently mounted on a table in my shop. I am curious at what level most of you have your press mounted? Currently if I am sitting on my stool the cartridge holder is at belly button level. I am thinking if I raise it to eye level it would put less pressure on my shoulder and my wrist.

I went home and lunch and I had a duh huh moment. I was about to build a platform for my loader. I then realized it would be easier to change my stool. I used our stools at our bar and it was still a little to low. I then tried a folding chair I had and it put the press high enough that it didnt strain my shoulder or my elbow. I hope to have time to load a few hundred and see how it feels.

My bench height is right at 44 inches. I do most (if not all) of my reloading standing. My Lee Classic Cast press handle at full extension down is the natural extension of my arm. When standing in front of my bench my arms rest straight out in front of me at a natural 90 on the bench surface.

Back
Top Bottom