• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most overrated/overpricedgun(s)?

Well talking about mark up Glocks are made for less than $100 and cost $550 in the store. But I agree on the Kimbers I wouldn't pay $1300 for a 1911 style pistol because they painted it tan.

Thats because they have to make up the cost for fixing the glocks for FREE! Even if you bought it used. Ill pay the extra money for a lifetime warranty. I would think the most overpriced gun would be the bushmaster ACR. Shot one, and it was no great shakes.

Pretty much any .338 Lapua Mag. The ammo is over priced, too. I make and sell the stuff and I can't charge less than I do because the components (cases) are WAY over priced. They are PROUD of that hunk of brass. Don't get me wrong, the .338 Lapua is a great round, but I personally shoot the .338 Remington Ultra Mag. Less expensive top quality rifles and less expensive brass. It duplicates the performance of the Lapua. I've got less than a grand in one that shoots 300 grain Berger Hybrids into less than 0.5 MOA and are still supersonic past 1800 yards. What's the old jingle? "Reach out and touch someone.";)

Last edited:
It's no secret on how I feel about Kimbers, and their unbelievably bad customer service, but as for the most over rated, the most over hyped, over priced, products I've used came from Thompson/Center. They have a great service dept., but it's hard to fix something that's priced at 3 times it's real value, and marketed as a precision shooting instrument, when most simply aren't going to live up to the hype. Those guys in the T/C customer service dept have to be frustrated, just as many of their customers are.

I have to say HK, too. But only on the overpriced side, The gun itself is a true winner. P.S. I carried a USP .45 for 2 years.

Sig.... I just hate the factory trigger, but the ergonomics on the single stacks are hard to beat. Also over priced. Had a P239 SAS in 9MM in my possession for a while.

Kahr........ I love my P380, but the price is crazy. And it's that way for MOST of their guns. There are many comparable guns in their class.

Anything that's plastic that cost nothing to make and charge out the roof!
Overpriced are plastic of all makes

I really don't care what a product's made from, as long as it performs. I like the classics, walnut and steel, but high tech polymers and lightweight alloys seem to be where the money's at now. Liability and marketing are the two major cost behind any firearm now. It's the world we live in?

Back
Top Bottom