• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Motorcycle riders of ga! Do you put your bikes up for winter or ride on through?

Like others, I ride all winter and put the bikes up summer months. Last year I did over 10K over the winter. This past summer I did a whopping 22 miles.

^^^^This

Most of my riding is from late October to mid-May. Helps that my mom's family is descended from Viking and Welsh blood. Summer is just too dang hot for me. I'll do an early morning ride once a week in the Summer.

I ride Year round, but i think winter months are much better to ride. I have heated gear..... jacket,, pants,gloves.. just plug in and roll.

I ride almost all year but now that I have got a little older if it gets much under 40 I don't ride. I am lucky enough to have a station just up the road that sells non ethanol fuel. My bike may have sat for about 4 weeks last winter with the non ethanol fuel and hooked to a battery tender. She started right up and ran great. I love my heated grips! Ck out the freeze out under garments from cyclegear.com They have a store in Lawrencville I was just in there yesterday and they are having a big sale on freezeout.

An old biker told me once the temperature your willing to ride is usually the same as your age. That seemed dumb to me at the time. I'll be damn if he wasn't right...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to put a new rear tire on mine. She's been sitting since October; I've been working too much to ride......KILLING me. Good stuff here on riding in cooler weather. Thanks to all who've posted.

Back
Top Bottom