• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Motorcycle shops that will patch a tire

I can't seem to go 1000miles without my read tire eating a nail. Anyone know of a motorcycle shop that will patch a tire for me? My shop won't patch tires, but I'm tired of replacing practically brand new tires
should have been the first question out of the gate.
what is the bike? mag or spoke rims? what brand of tire.?
thanks

I carry a plug kit on my bike, and have never had an issue with plugging a tire. As long as it holds air, I'm not replacing any tire until the treads tell me to do so.

If the plug doesn't hold, it will more than likely be a slow leak and not a catastrophic failure, unlike hitting a pothole on I-75 and popping the bead on a the front tire of an Aprilia Falco (talking about tightening the old sphincter muscle). How I stayed upright, I don't know but I'd rather be lucky than good in those situations.

None of my local tire shops will patch anything. That is why I bought my own tire machine and balancer. Actually 2 tire machines (one of those package deals), need to move one out one day.

I have gotten a couple nails over the years, but something about plugging a bike tire doesn't appeal to me. I can see carrying a patch kit to get you home or to a shop, but I replace the tire. Better to be safe than sorry. Tires aren't that expensive... Set of Q3's shipped to your door for $230 isn't bad.

Now, if you run over nails all the time, making tires cost prohibitive, then I would be trying to find a new place to ride or figure out why you are hitting so many more nails than most people... Rather than treat the symptoms, I would be trying cure the disease, but maybe that's just me...

I have gotten a couple nails over the years, but something about plugging a bike tire doesn't appeal to me. I can see carrying a patch kit to get you home or to a shop, but I replace the tire. Better to be safe than sorry. Tires aren't that expensive... Set of Q3's shipped to your door for $230 isn't bad.

Now, if you run over nails all the time, making tires cost prohibitive, then I would be trying to find a new place to ride or figure out why you are hitting so many more nails than most people... Rather than treat the symptoms, I would be trying cure the disease, but maybe that's just me...
I commute on my bike regularly so can't change up where I ride too much.

Back
Top Bottom