• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Motorcycle shops that will patch a tire

It's an NC700X and I am running BT-023's on it... well they're B-stones, so I know that much. I've picked up a lot of nails riding that bike around and it just got to the point where I'd plug it and knock out another 3K.

It's an NC700X and I am running BT-023's on it... well they're B-stones, so I know that much. I've picked up a lot of nails riding that bike around and it just got to the point where I'd plug it and knock out another 3K.

Well, if it works for you...

My concern is that on a sportbike ridden quickly, I would be worried about the tire tearing at the plug, or something causing a failure under that stress of riding hard in a turn and causing a problem. There is a reason why most shops will plug a car or truck tire, but not a bike tire. They don't want the liability. If a car tire fails, the danger is a lot less....

Well, if it works for you...

My concern is that on a sportbike ridden quickly, I would be worried about the tire tearing at the plug, or something causing a failure under that stress of riding hard in a turn and causing a problem. There is a reason why most shops will plug a car or truck tire, but not a bike tire. They don't want the liability. If a car tire fails, the danger is a lot less....
For shops, it's a big liability issue. Unfortunately most of the riding that I do is in a straight line. The plug won't tear - it's much softer material than the tire itself. I wouldn't go racing on a plugged tire, but then again, if I was racing it'd be on new tires. Ultimately, your peace of mind is what matters.

Back
Top Bottom