• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mountain Motorsports

I heard horror stories about them for years. I think they changed management not too long ago, which I think was to go back to the original owners...

Anyway, I was looking for a 2017 Polaris Sportsman SP 850, the upscale model. 4x4, Hill decent, power steering, new body style, Pursuit Camo paint scheme, etc... I saw their internet price and asked a friend who works there, he said that's the price plus a flat prep fee and tax.

I went to another friend at Gainesville Powersports and he said no way. He said they would tell me that price to get me in the door, they would nickle and dime me, etc... Gainesville couldn't come within $1000 of what Mountain was quoting me.

I went in, and sure enough, it was $9500 out the door, taxes, fees, done. On a brand new top of the line quad. So I got it. Took it in for the 20 hour service, they were great, prices were reasonable. This was Mall of Ga location...

More recently, I wanted a new bike, and went to the Roswell location because the Mall of GA location doesn't sell Ducati. Again, great experience, good price, painless process, so I bought it from them.

I will only use them for warranty work, as the prices they want for Ducati services are insane. $2,000 for the 15k mile valve check? F that. I can have Mark Sutton at The Ducshop do it for a third less and he's a nationally reknowned Ducati tech...

Other than that, I have had nothing but positive experiences with them...

I heard them stories too so when they didn’t call me back I called local dealer that I had bought from before. He came close so i made the deal. Did it all over the phone with no pressure. I called them on Friday. Said would call back Saturday morning. Called back Saturday and left message. Mute point but still haven’t called backim too far away and too impatient to play games.

as squire mentioned they are under new ownership and there's been lots of personnel changes at the locations as well. I know they are a bit more focused on ATV/SXS sales these days but that's what is moving in many locations.

sounds like you are set, but as always I recommend calling a few places, getting out the door prices so you can compare, and decide who you want to deal with. Ideally work with a local dealer, you want them to be in business in the future when you need parts. Stop by every so often and look around so they recognize you if you have any issues, etc.

MMS is the last place I would spend my money. I have lots of experience with them and have bought several vehicles and lots of accessories from them over the years. They have seen the last dime of my money.

I've purchased four new quads since 2014 and all of them came from southern Honda in Chattanooga. I tried to buy local, but the local guys, mountain Motorsports included, wouldn't come close to the out the door price. I was willing to drive a couple of hours to save $1k each time.
I was getting ready to post the same thing. I get everybody likes easy, but some people obviously have a lot easier time whizzing away a grand or more than me. Only other place I'm aware of with similar pricing is Lake Hills Motors in MS but they are literally a "no frills" volume dealer.

Back
Top Bottom