• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moved in State??

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Ive read through a few threads about moving in state with NFA items. Still not certain if I need to fill out the form? Ive read that you do and that the ATF doesn't care. Im still in the same county, 15 miles from my previous address. What do I need to do?

So if I move from SC to GA I gotta file papers??

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 17.50.00.png

yes you are supposed to notify BATF if you permanently change your address. This applies to those of us with trusts whose trust address is the same as the primary trustee's address.

It's just like you have to notify ATF when you permanently change the specifications of your weapon, such as barrel length, overall length, or caliber .

Now, I don't know if ATF really cares if you follow this procedure or not, but even if they don't care right now, if you get on their radar in a negative way then they might care. If you give the government a reason to dislike you, they might use little technical laws like this to try to screw you over.

yes you are supposed to notify BATF if you permanently change your address. This applies to those of us with trusts whose trust address is the same as the primary trustee's address.

It's just like you have to notify ATF when you permanently change the specifications of your weapon, such as barrel length, overall length, or caliber .

Now, I don't know if ATF really cares if you follow this procedure or not, but even if they don't care right now, if you get on their radar in a negative way then they might care. If you give the government a reason to dislike you, they might use little technical laws like this to try to screw you over.
Or burn your house to the ground and murder you and your family

I moved in state and did not file one.. then ( like a dumb ass) I filed a 5320.20 for temp move to take the item to TN and it was rejected... as the permanent location (from) did not match the form 4. So I just filed a 5320.20 for a permanent move within the state... So although you are not required to do so, if you ever want to sell or take out of state (SBR's, Machine Guns) then you may consider doing a 5320.20 for a permanent move.

Back
Top Bottom