• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Movie theater sign...no guns allowed

they just simply ask you to leave
Yeah I THINK it's a civil case/ matter between you and the theater. I ain't been to a movie theater in so long that I never think about it. But I would never willingly be another fish in the barrel which is what that sign makes of most patrons.
There's guys here that would tell you to give the theater management the middle finger and tell them why. There's also guys that would tell you to ignore the sign and carry on about your business. I kinda identify with the latter group. But if you go that route you will have to go more deep concealment as in a Bodyguard 380, G42/G43 etc.
Those signs are everywhere now. Entire shopping malls forbid it. And given the desperate circumstances of most malls they should welcome any law abiding customers with money.
Anyway the way I see it is it's between you and the property owners. You might get banned from the property or a civil suit filed against you but I don't think you're anywhere near felony range.

I tested the waters at Regions bank. Was asked to leave. Whole family moved their personal accounts, business accounts, and Canceled a HELOC? No idea what that is because I'm young and not a home owner, but my dad and others dropped them like a bad habit after 12 years plus if banking.
Great story! Tell it again! Tell it again!:thumb:

Nothing new

Back when they had that theater shooting most all placed signs

I have yet to see one without

Plus i raely go to over priced and loud and full of distrustful people

I try to stay away

Is that the one in Colorado, which had a no gun sign that carried the weight of law, while others playing same Batman movie closer that had no sign prohibiting lawful carry...

Just needed a bigger sign.

As a rule I do my best to not support anti 2A establishments. As a secondary rule I try and not support business that pedal anti American anti freedom tripe. The combination hasn't had me darken a theatre's doors in ... well... I honestly can't remember. At least 15 years. Probably 20+. The theatre industry and I like it that way.
But if I ever feel the need to pay an exorbitant amount of money to watch people play make believe, give them 2,000% margin on their snack foods and have the pleasure of having some inconsiderate asshat sitting in front of me, next to me and/or behind me who has no clue the point of going to a theatre is to actually WATCH the movie... well then I'll get off the couch and know exactly where to head.

As a rule I do my best to not support anti 2A establishments. As a secondary rule I try and not support business that pedal anti American anti freedom tripe. The combination hasn't had me darken a theatre's doors in ... well... I honestly can't remember. At least 15 years. Probably 20+. The theatre industry and I like it that way.
But if I ever feel the need to pay an exorbitant amount of money to watch people play make believe, give them 2,000% margin on their snack foods and have the pleasure of having some inconsiderate asshat sitting in front of me, next to me and/or behind me who has no clue the point of going to a theatre is to actually WATCH the movie... well then I'll get off the couch and know exactly where to head.

Well said and exactly how I feel! I have 12 year old twins and still don't go. I feel the same way with concerts, pro ball games, etc.

Back
Top Bottom