• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Movies as a kid that changed you

I have no idea what the title was but the main character had just whooped a dudes ass and said to him "what does it take to change the essence of a man?".

I'd been ****ing up a lot and that line spoke to me.
I believe that was Steven Seagal from "On Deadly Ground" where they were in the bar doing the "hand slap" scene if memory serves me correctly...???

Dude, that was 1 scary azz movie for a kid...lol
Yeah man I stayed up watching that whole series on TV As a kid.
I loved that movie and yeah that part with the vampire kid was Dayam scary as hell with the dude sitting in the chair watching the window.
I’m trying to think of the main vampires name in the coffin.

My mom was an epic sci fi/horror flick and book lover.
We grew up in the Pittsburgh suburbs so we use to watch this show every Saturday night called “Chiller Theater” with Host Billy Cardell…..”Chilly Billy.”
The show was epic and would start at midnight and run till like 2:00 am.
They would play mostly B rated horror movies but two that really struck me were “Gargoyles” and “It came without warning.”
I was probably watching horror movies since I was 5 years old and loved every minute of it.
Movies that really changed my
Psyche or influenced me were anything with Charles Bronson or other vigilante type movies.
I was a religious Rockford files fanatic, CHIPs, The Dukes of Hazzard, the A team , MacGiver and anything with car chases like Bullet, the original vanishing point and the later version which was even better with the Charger “Blanding?…..population 50??? “…..”Takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar.”

I’d say the one movie that I love so much I have to watch it every year , sometimes twice …..John Carpenters “The thing.”

The one that had the biggest impact on my psyche “The terminator.”

We all need to be more like Sarah Connor especially these days because it seems our government has already started sky net, and many other freaking weird things to try to eliminate humans.
Plus Elon Musk seems to be a real
Life creator of terminator, universal soldier, I robot and the matrix.
That dude scares the crap
Out of me.

Mine was not a movie but The Dukes Of Hazzard had a big impact on my life when I was a teenager all I can say is a 1980 Ford Mustang was built Ford Tough I never wrecked it but I should have many times over.

Mine was not a movie but The Dukes Of Hazzard had a big impact on my life when I was a teenager all I can say is a 1980 Ford Mustang was built Ford Tough I never wrecked it but I should have many times over.
Dukes of Hazzard is why first 3 cars were Mopar. 67 Plymouth Belvedere, 68 Dodge Charger which I had at the same time and a 74 Cuda' 360. I change out the engine in the Belvedere to a 1970 440 loaded with Direction Connection parts and 3.91 posi. Fun car but drank gas like a filling station.

Watching Peter Pan. After seeing this I had a whole new perspective on life.
7016d8f761b07a354018a08deaaef3b855d96cdcb366092d29e3b4671412587e.gif

Back
Top Bottom