• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Movin(or well I moved)

jstephens99

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Got married here recently and moved back Tennessee, my question is I have my gwl but is it still valid? My guess is no but I've heard differently and wanted to see what tall had to say on the matter. I have not been carrying the last few days and I gotta say I feel a tad naked with out it.
Thanks for any input!

I knew they honored the license while I was a Georgia resident but now being a Tennessee resident the lines are blurred. Am wondering if maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a TN weapon license.

I knew they honored the license while I was a Georgia resident but now being a Tennessee resident the lines are blurred. Am wondering if maybe I should just bite the bullet and get a TN weapon license.
That info should be on the Tn website. I remember something about getting your Tn carry permit within 6 months of moving. So from what I read it looks like you have 6 months to get the Tn Carry permit.

If you've swapped your Georgia drivers license for a TN one. Then you should get a TN carry permit

If you still have your GA DL. Then you're still a GA resident temporarily residing in TN

Many states have a statute that says if your reside or have a mailing address in that state you must have a carry permit for that state. I know Alabama does but I am not sure about TN.

Back
Top Bottom