• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving, Guns in Limbo?

Many factors, but, you could first build a suitable highly reinforced room that could be incorporated into the final design.

Or rent a pod or similar container to store it and some materials.

Last time I went out of town I dumped it all at a "good" storage facility. Closet sized unit. Wrapped my safe in movers blankets tied up with duct tape prior to getting on sight. Threw my wifes jewellery box an some handbags in there as well. Documented everything I put in. If I remember right this place insurance was part of the price, $60 or $70 for the month. I'd do it again.

As a storage facility owner, I highly encourage your friend to store with me.

Seriously, you can buy insurance for any amount you want to cover your belongings and as long as the facility has decent video, you'll have no trouble with either theft or a claim if something were to happen.
We have people put safes in storage all the time.

Last time I moved, this is what I did. But, since that horrible boating accident, caused by a sea lion, it will never be a problem for me again. :fish2:

Lay the safe on its back, wrap the guns for protection in the camper. Throw a mattress on top and sleep on them. Keep out a.few.handguns, you know the ones that will blow a man's head "clean off" to be safe. Maybe no one will feel lucky.

Back
Top Bottom