• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving OTP

Smiley

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
So after 16 years in East Atlanta Village, we have made the move and settled in Roswell. We sold our little 1923 built craftsman bungalow that we had out grown last year. I refuse to share a bathroom with teenage boys, which is quickly approaching.

After a year of renting and searching for a new home in the neighborhood we could afford, combined with recent events, and the current direction of city leadership, we started looking elsewhere. We considered out of state and I actually got really close to taking a job in Ft. Collins, CO. In the end, we decided to stay close to family and Roswell fit the bill for its walkability, schools, parks, and the river.

We found a great 1970’s fully renovated ranch on a basement with a mostly wooded lot that makes the wife happy and has enough room for two growing growing boys and our high energy pointer. While the commute for me will suck, I will only have to make it 2-3 times per week now, so that makes it palatable.

As we get settled in, I sit on the back porch in the morning drinking coffee, or in the evening with a whiskey, and just listen to how quiet it is in comparison to my old home. In the few weeks we have been here, I haven’t woken up in the night to racing cars, police helicopters, or sirens once. I think it’s going to be a good spot...

Congratulations. You wont regret it.
I left the house I was born in last year at 39 to get away from Atlanta. Paulding is now a suburb. When we were looking to move we wanted to move to 20 years ago. That'll never happen but we moved far enough north to where the people are friendly again.
P.S. nobody on here will judge you for drinking whiskey in the morning.

Welcome to Roswell. I've been here for about 10 years, yes it is definitely quieter than the schitty. In the last decade, I've came to learn how crooked the politics are here and the congestion and changing demographics (also the increase in crime) has got us looking for our next move to be elsewhere.

In the meantime, enjoy your new tranquility and let me know if you want to share a bottle and some war stories.

They call this chapter, 'white flight'

Get the hell out of there. Your life may truly depend on it!

I was sitting on the screen porch drinking beer with a friend a couple of weeks before the move. We heard gunshots ring out and just laughed and shook our heads. A few moments later APD drove by the house following an ambulance. Shortly after we found out about the child being shot just around the corner from us. My wife looked over at me and said, “it’s time”.

Back
Top Bottom