• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving to a state that restricts NFA.

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
Sweet and simple.

I am looking at moving to Washington state for my job.

Washington state does not allow short barrel shotguns.

I own a short barrel shotgun.

Question is am I allowed to take it with me if I only take the longer barrels and leave the short one back here in GA or would I have to leave the whole shotgun here?

Yes I will check with the ATF myself, just wanted to get a general feel for what I should expect them to say.

Your NFA weapon can be UN-NFA’d and removed from the register and returned to its prior shotgun status. Yes, contact the ATF on how-to instructions. Good success on your relocation
Yeah not doing that, already told my friend that’s is on my trust if I can’t take it he can have it.

Don't know your job or salary....but unless you are at LEAST doubling your income I would not move. I had a friend in the aircraft industry, not Boeing, but related who worked in WA, he retired to GA because after 40 years of working he could not afford to retire in WA, had to move to a "cheaper" state for retirees.

Do the math, check your numbers, EVERYTHING will be more expensive there.

Don't know your job or salary....but unless you are at LEAST doubling your income I would not move. I had a friend in the aircraft industry, not Boeing, but related who worked in WA, he retired to GA because after 40 years of working he could not afford to retire in WA, had to move to a "cheaper" state for retirees.

Do the math, check your numbers, EVERYTHING will be more expensive there.
Yeah I have been running the numbers and it is for sure a lot more expensive. I have found some more affordable areas to live within reason from my job but it’s still a good step up in cost

Sweet and simple.

I am looking at moving to Washington state for my job.

Washington state does not allow short barrel shotguns.

I own a short barrel shotgun.

Question is am I allowed to take it with me if I only take the longer barrels and leave the short one back here in GA or would I have to leave the whole shotgun here?

Yes I will check with the ATF myself, just wanted to get a general feel for what I should expect them to say.
Just say nothing easy with ATF may not get straight answer how short think 18incs should be ok

Don’t do it ! Tax bracket out there is horrible . In my industry the whole west coast is shutting operations down .
Yeah the more I look into it it’s looking like not worth it. For every extra dollar I would earn from the promotion it would be like earning less when you factor in cost of living and taxes out there.

Back
Top Bottom