• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving violation record

Gimmeguns

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
So i just got a speeding ticket in Benton tennessee. 40mph zone on a 4 lane highway. The cop ask me if i had any history. I told him no since my last ticket was over 10yrs ago. He came back after running my tag and says i have a long history of speeding?
How do i check my own MVR? Also, how would i dispute items on it if i find errors?
Thanks!

So i just got a speeding ticket in Benton tennessee. 40mph zone on a 4 lane highway. The cop ask me if i had any history. I told him no since my last ticket was over 10yrs ago. He came back after running my tag and says i have a long history of speeding?
How do i check my own MVR? Also, how would i dispute items on it if i find errors?
Thanks!
How can you not know your own driving history? You thinking someone stole your identity?

You can request a certified copy of your driving record through your home state department of motor vehicles (dmv, bmv whatever). You may have to pay a couple $ for it though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Also, if your from out of state your driving record won't show up on other states computer report, only whether your valid or not (at least this is the case with most states, I'm in Ohio and no other states records will populate if I run an out of state license). Sounds like he was just joshin' you about your "long history".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The 10 year MVR you get won’t (of course) show stuff from way back. I tried the same thing when I went to court in Athens-Clarke County. The prosecutor, who takes her job WAY too seriously, had my entire 25 year record of driving. The 10 yr copy I took with me had no violations. I ended up paying the fine.

10 years? May help you on insurance rates, but not on violation records.

The fuzz can pull up every stop you ever had dating back for decades. Had it happen to my neighbor and the cop had everything dating back to when he was 16 and got his license in 1981.

Thanks!
On a different subject. Check out https://tikd.com/ they claim when you pay for their service an attorney will show up in your place at court and you will not get any points on your license to drive up your insurance.

As far as your driving record. Ask your insurance agent. Isn't it their business to know what kind of driving record you have .

Back
Top Bottom