• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MP5 clone GUNSMITH

You have to swap the barrel with a K. A replacement barrel from RCM is around $150. Check on HKPro for some recommendations on doing it. Your are probably looking at $500 total including refinishing.

All of this has been addressed by others in post in this thread.

HKpro forum is the place to go and ask these questions. Be advised, they are very strict so read some of the rules before posting or search first.

As others have said you'll need a new 3 lug barrel pressed in correctly. There are multiple HK gunsmiths who can do this correctly. Having the barrel fit off will mess with the bolt gap and worst case you end you end up with roller expansion in your receiver. As a side note, check your bolt gap with feeler gauges at least twice a year.

Michaels Machines, S&H arms, Parabellum Combat Systems aka Ghilliebear, RDTS and a few more. I'd suggest calling them rather email. They are all very busy with custom builds but sometimes can fit in easy stuff like a new barrel.

RCM parts are good to go. I've used their locking pieces and some other stuff and had zero issues. A lot of the custom builds use RCM parts exclusively when unable to source german parts..

There is a member here on ODT who does HK work but I can't recall his user name.

Hood886 Hood886

All of this has been addressed by others in post in this thread.

HKpro forum is the place to go and ask these questions. Be advised, they are very strict so read some of the rules before posting or search first.

As others have said you'll need a new 3 lug barrel pressed in correctly. There are multiple HK gunsmiths who can do this correctly. Having the barrel fit off will mess with the bolt gap and worst case you end you end up with roller expansion in your receiver. As a side note, check your bolt gap with feeler gauges at least twice a year.

Michaels Machines, S&H arms, Parabellum Combat Systems aka Ghilliebear, RDTS and a few more. I'd suggest calling them rather email. They are all very busy with custom builds but sometimes can fit in easy stuff like a new barrel.

RCM parts are good to go. I've used their locking pieces and some other stuff and had zero issues. A lot of the custom builds use RCM parts exclusively when unable to source german parts..

There is a member here on ODT who does HK work but I can't recall his user name.

Hood886 Hood886

I read those suggestions. After some research, I saw where someone with the same issue had a tri-lug welded on. I couldn't find that OP to ask, so I posted a new one.

Are you saying that replacing the barrel would be better?

Are you saying that replacing the barrel would be better?
Yes, that is what I would do if it was mine. The other option is to sell that one and purchase one that already has a 3 lug barrel. That is probably not the best option depending on the price you paid. If you send it to a good smith and tell them your end results, they will test fire it for you so you know it will run.

You'll also probably need to change your locking piece once you have a 3 lug barrel. I don't know which one because I prefer the full size MP5 in the A2 configuration. HKpro can hook you up on that info as well. RCM probably has the locking piece as well or search Gunbroker for one.

Back
Top Bottom