• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MPX Upper

MilSpec308

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   1
Reaction score
So, currently I have a Sig MPX carbine upper. My question is, is there a way to have it cut down(barrel & handguard) to avoid purchasing an additional handguard & barrel?

From what I've heard Sig has done away with the 8" configurations and gone exclusively to the K models now. I still love my 8" configuration when I want it setup that way from time to time. Here's a photo of mine when I go with my 4.5" barrel instead.

MPX K2.JPG

From what I've heard Sig has done away with the 8" configurations and gone exclusively to the K models now. I still love my 8" configuration when I want it setup that way from time to time. Here's a photo of mine when I go with my 4.5" barrel instead.

View attachment 2551283
That’s bad ass. Yea, that’s why I’m having such a hard time finding that upper. The 8” and 4.5” were the highest demand and I guess people just decided that 4.5” was the perfect length. I love them. Perfect pistols/SBRs for a get home bag or even plinking. Main thing I’m trying to decide on is if I want to go with a 4.5” 6” or 8”. I read somewhere that 10-10.5” is the optimum length where you don’t see much, if any difference between 10.5” & 16”. But, 10.5” wont fit in a backpack

In my opinion, an MPX is more fun to shoot at 8" or shorter. Anything longer and I'd rather stick to a rifle round. But like you said, if you do anything much longer than 10 inches it's a little more difficult to put in smaller backpacks and such. I know Gunbroker sells quite a few of the MPX handguards in different sizes as well as Midwest Industries. That's where I got my 4.5" handguard in the photo you see.

In my opinion, an MPX is more fun to shoot at 8" or shorter. Anything longer and I'd rather stick to a rifle round. But like you said, if you do anything much longer than 10 inches it's a little more difficult to put in smaller backpacks and such. I know Gunbroker sells quite a few of the MPX handguards in different sizes as well as Midwest Industries. That's where I got my 4.5" handguard in the photo you see.
I’ll check that out too. Though, $175 to cut & recrown the barrel and cut the hand guards is pretty cheap

I bought the 8” pistol years ago, form 1’d it and had dobbs chop the barrel to 4.5”. This is it with a rattler stock and SilencerCo Omega 9k. That’s with the old style 3 lug mount. I’ve got the new 3 lug mount so that’ll shorten it by over an inch.

Attachments

• A4C563CF-9BA1-4127-956A-93E5D7789EEC.jpeg
    A4C563CF-9BA1-4127-956A-93E5D7789EEC.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 61
I bought the 8” pistol years ago, form 1’d it and had dobbs chop the barrel to 4.5”. This is it with a rattler stock and SilencerCo Omega 9k. That’s with the old style 3 lug mount. I’ve got the new 3 lug mount so that’ll shorten it by over an inch.
That’s sick. I send Dobbs a PM on FB, so I’m hoping he’ll get back to me as I’d prefer to deal locally. How do you like it?

Back
Top Bottom