• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mr. green jeans experience while hunting.

Not sure, unless I did it myself.

Of course, whoever I hired to manage MY property would not tell ME what I could and couldn’t do on my land.
Or worse treat me like a trespasser on my own property. ...
Or arrest me for some chicken**** rule they thought up. They would respect me and my wishes or hit the road.
Is that what you mean?
Public land is not just your property, though. Since you are helping to pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the public land that you are part owner of, would you be comfortable with the other owners of that land being able to do whatever they please on it?

I call it in, dont see no page.Caveman here

You need to trade in that flip phone.

When you open the app as if to report a kill, there is a box for "tools". Open that, and the top pane is "solar/lunar" times. If you permit the app to use your location, it will give you sunrise/set for exactly where are you at. Don't know why DNR doesn't label it "sunrise/set times" - at first I thought it was a feeding time page.

Who's "managing" land/wildlife now? DNR are LAW ENFORCEMENT, They even have a brand new Emergency response truck with it written on the side.

The DNR hasn't managed wildlife in decades. Revenue collectors and trespassers looking for a pot field. lol
Law enforcement is a branch of DNR. It makes no sense to have regulations if you have no capability to enforce them.

At least they should be closed for recreational use ( bicycle and horse riding) during hunting season.
When was the last time you had a problem with bicycle and horse riders during a hunt? The only time I have had either was on private land.

Of course I don't hunt right on top of trails, so there is that.

Public land is not just your property, though. Since you are helping to pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the public land that you are part owner of, would you be comfortable with the other owners of that land being able to do whatever they please on it?

Within reason, yep.

Law enforcement is a branch of DNR. It makes no sense to have regulations if you have no capability to enforce them.

Damn, you'll argue just for the sake of arguing.

When was the last time you had a problem with bicycle and horse riders during a hunt? The only time I have had either was on private land.

Of course I don't hunt right on top of trails, so there is that.

I don't hunt public land, I have my own land to hunt, so there's that.

"Within reason"? Who decides what that is and who deals with it if it's not?

I’m really not comfortable with the concept of “public” (i.e. government) land in the first place so going down this road is not going to be productive. I don’t believe our founding fathers intended for the federal and state governments to be the largest landowners in the country for precisely the reasons we are debating. Government being in the landowner business leads to problems like...”who gets to use it when and for what? “...”who pays for it?”...”how is it policed?”
Taxpayers don’t own government land...they just get to use it if and when Uncle Sam says they can.

As far as I am concerned the government should sell the land to private landowners.

Generally I won’t hunt on government land anyway...too dangerous.

I’m really not comfortable with the concept of “public” (i.e. government) land in the first place so going down this road is not going to be productive. I don’t believe our founding fathers intended for the federal and state governments to be the largest landowners in the country for precisely the reasons we are debating. Government being in the landowner business leads to problems like...”who gets to use it when and for what? “...”who pays for it?”...”how is it policed?”
Taxpayers don’t own government land...they just get to use it if and when Uncle Sam says they can.

As far as I am concerned the government should sell the land to private landowners.

Generally I won’t hunt on government land anyway...too dangerous.
To bad you feel that way. There are a lot of people that wouldn't be able to hunt at all without public land available. BTW, the belief that public land is simply overrun with hunters just isn't true. Sure, if you stay within a couple hundred yards of a road there are going to be a lot of other hunters on certain days, like opening day of rifle, but if you get a pretty good ways away from a road it's rare for there to be other hunters. I hunted one section of public land for about five years and only saw other hunters one time from one stand and I had several stands in that general area.

It has always been much more crowded on any of the clubs that I have belonged to.

Oh ya, I have only felt in danger from another hunter one time and that was from a poacher on some private property I had access to.

Back
Top Bottom