• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mr. green jeans experience while hunting.

Your doing it wrong. You're supposed to scream that you are a "sovereign citizen" and address him only as "bunny cop"!

I've yet to meet an unprofessional warden. I'm also not an asshat and don't break game laws but that's probably an inconsequential coincidence.

I have had a few bad experiences with game wardens.

But I’m glad the King’s gamekeepers have been nice to you and allowed you to poach a few of the King’s deer.

It’s just going to be a sad day when they decide you can no longer hunt in the King’s woods.

I have had a few bad experiences with game wardens.

But I’m glad the King’s gamekeepers have been nice to you and allowed you to poach a few of the King’s deer.

It’s just going to be a sad day when they decide you can no longer hunt in the King’s woods.
Since wildlife are publicly owned, I'm not overly concerned about it. But we did give no game regulation a try for a while in this country. Didn't work out so well. It's almost like people are selfish and short sighted or something.

Since wildlife are publicly owned, I'm not overly concerned about it. But we did give no game regulation a try for a while in this country. Didn't work out so well. It's almost like people are selfish and short sighted or something.

I get it. Commercial hunting destroyed some game species. But, like many other examples, we overreacted.

Instead of simply outlawing commercial hunting we gave first the state and then the federal government the power to regulate hunting...that ain’t gonna end well either.

It’s almost like people in government are drunk for more power and control or something. :becky:

I get it. Commercial hunting destroyed some game species. But, like many other examples, we overreacted.

Instead of simply outlawing commercial hunting we gave first the state and then the federal government the power to regulate hunting...that ain’t gonna end well either.

It’s almost like people in government are drunk for more power and control or something. :becky:
Feds regulate migratory species which makes perfect sense. Kind of hard to regulate by state. Are you honestly suggesting less game regulations? If so, start a thread in the hunting forum as I'd love to discuss that.

So my buddy and I went turkey hunting at a certain WMA last weekend.
The gate was closed so we walked a mile in on foot and a mile out.
While loading the truck upon leaving Mr green jeans pulled in rather quickly.
He was super nice right off the start and asked if we saw any turkey or hogs.
Nah.....then he told us about the 50 hogs he saw in another area of the WMA.
He asked if we had our hunting licenses and we both pulled them out.
He said he just checks everyone s but he’s very fair to people.

Mine was fine because Inhad the combo fishing and hunting which includes WMA this year.....but my buddy, who didn’t do what I told him went to a sports shop and they picked what he needed but didn’t know what they were doing so they basically did not get him the correct option for WMA.
The warden knew it was an honest mistake and just gave him a written warning and was super cool about it.
My buddy went straight back there and got it taken care of and told the shop to get
Their act together but he also said it was his own fault for not doing the proper research.

Anyways the warden was super cool as was my experience with every warden I ran across in the NG mountains.

He didn’t even check our shotguns for plugs and count shells.
We were both unloaded during the whole walk anyways.
What? Nobodies dog got shot?

Would that be like when the Union soldiers slaughtered the buffalo almost into extinction, to starve out the Indians. so the government could steal their land?

Feds regulate migratory species which makes perfect sense. Kind of hard to regulate by state. Are you honestly suggesting less game regulations? If so, start a thread in the hunting forum as I'd love to discuss that.
I'm suggesting less game regulations. Because I hunt maybe one time a year. I think I should be able to go on the day I feel like it verses the date allowed.

Don’t have the time right now but later. Honestly, I think the debate is moot at this point anyway. Hunting is a dying skill and will soon not be able to take enough game to keep populations in check.
My son’s generation of friends include very few hunters. Too busy playing video games to get outside.

Then professional government hunters will do the killing.

And yes, I’m honestly suggesting that the government has no business telling a landowner what game he can take and when he can take it on his own land....or how he has to dress when taking it...or what weapon to use...or what ammo...or what kind of hat he has to wear.

It’s damn ridiculous.

And besides, if the government is so good at game management...then what in the hell did they let happen to the quail in the Southeasten US?

You can have all the damn deer and turkey....just give me back my quail.

Back
Top Bottom