• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Muck Boots

Love muck boots, have ankle boots, chore boots and I believe they are called woodland boots.
I'd like some for deer hunting season, but I'm afraid that they'll be too hot or not warm enough. Any suggestions? 30 degrees would be the coldest temp I'd be hunting in.

Have rabbit hunted in swamps in pretty cold weather (15+) in both the wetlands and the woody max. Have also worn both around the farm in fairly warm weather, very comfortable across a broad range of temps. I usually get a half size to a size larger and wear a pretty thick sock.

I wear a pair of LaCrosse knee high snake muck type boots hunting. Brother had a close call and got hit by no venom, so cheap insurance. They are not the most comfortable walking over rocks on driveway. However, you can walk thru about anything with them on. Your feet do get cold sitting in a stand; but they do in insulated boots also. Try on several pair and find out what fits your foot and calf. Also, get a boot puller unless you want to look like an idiot trying to get them off.

Have rabbit hunted in swamps in pretty cold weather (15+) in both the wetlands and the woody max. Have also worn both around the farm in fairly warm weather, very comfortable across a broad range of temps. I usually get a half size to a size larger and wear a pretty thick sock.
Thanks brother. Just what I needed to know.

Anyone have an opinion on Muck boots? Thinking about a pair, but I'm afraid that the ARCTIC series will be too warm for Hunting in the south, Am I wrong? Suggestions on which ones to go with or competitors that are better?

i can't wear normal boots because my feet don't bend enough to put them on. I have been using the Chukka style Muck boots for year - actually worn them out - and they fill a real need for me.

I don't do a lot of walking, so I can see where they may be a little soft for walking, but I swear by them.

Also I find that the insulation is very tolerant. Definitely warm in colder weather, but not too hot when it warms up. I also have the slip on shoe pair, which is my favorite walk around shoe. Don't wear them when it's wet, because they are low, but wear the heck out of them fishing, traipsing through the woods, yard work.

BTW, back to OP you will suffer a whole lot more from boots that aren't warm enough that you will from boots that are too hot. Man, I hate cold feet. Once they get cold, nothing you can do if you aren't moving.

I know someone using this brand. They are super nice. Not cheap, but definitely well made
https://dryshodusa.com

Dryshod is actually a business venture created by the guy who originally created Muck boots. He sold Muck a few years ago and since that time Muck quality has really went down. He created the Dryshod after the fact and are supposed to be the best boot out there right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good boots, for sure wear my hunting a lot, and also just on days when the weather is bad! I work for a utility company and have been in some bad weather with these on and always kept my feet warm and dry.

Back
Top Bottom