• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Multi-configuration suppressors

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'll look at getting a rifle can first and add pistol and rim fire as I go. Luckily my brother and I have a trust on which he has pistol rifle and rim fire cams already so I can always borrow one of his until I get my own. Anyone have experience with the dead air sandman S?

You got a bunch of options now: Griffin Armament Optimus, Liberty Mystic X, and the Silencerco Hybrid (wouldnt recommend .22lr) are a few off the top of my head.

Sometimes you sacrifice DB for the multi-cal use but usually the can is bigger to accomodate larger calibers which means more volume so while it might register a few DB higher the tone might be different, usually deeper so it sounds quieter to you. Originally I think jack of all trades, master of none was a fitting description but manufacturers are pushing to make silencers between all the time so while it use to be that a multi-cal suppressor was large and heavy now a lot of them are modulator so you can run a shorter config which might help with size and weight but usually results in a louder signature. Of course another downside to this is strength. Couple years ago 99% of rifle cans where sealed and fully welded for strength, so when you add modular to it you are likely sacrificing strength.

If you absolutely could only afford 1 can then they are the way to go. you'll pay more up front but you get that versatility. My opinion, go with something like the Silencerco Hybrid and then get a dedicated 22 can. The reason why I wouldnt recommend 22 out of the Hybrid is because its a welded, non-user serviceable can. So its strong enough for your rifle calibers but you can't clean it properly and .22 will dirty up a can quick.

Best advise right here!

Adventure Outdoors has the Dobbs Arc 22lr cans on sale right now, thinking of getting one myself for $200-$250...Opinion on it?

Ok, thanks guys. I think I'll look at getting a rifle can first and add pistol and rim fire as I go. Luckily my brother and I have a trust on which he has pistol rifle and rim fire cams already so I can always borrow one of his until I get my own. Anyone have experience with the dead air sandman S?
I went with the DA Sandman S for my rifle needs. It's main duty is on my 10.5" 5.56 SBR but also spends time on my 16" carbine. I went with it because of the great reviews and the size, plus it's rated for anything I may purchase in the future. It is hearing safe with a nice tone and only adds 7" to the barrel length keeping my suppressed SBR basically the same size as a standard AR. I run the QD muzzle brake on both and love shooting them even unsuppressed and a half spin of the can and it's on or off.
I also went with the Griffin Armaments Revolution 45 for my pistol needs because of availability when I was ready to purchase and the modularity to run in both full size and K config and easy to switch pistons to run on different guns.
And then I have Dobbs ARC22AL for my rimfire. It is a fantastic lightweight can that sounds great. Only regret is I wish I had gotten the all steel model for ease of cleaning.

I have been researching the Rugged Razor and Surge. Do you guys have any experience with either one of these cans? I'm actually leaning towards the Surge since it can be configured as a 9" or 7.5" and Rugged offers a 556 endcap for it.

Back
Top Bottom