• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Multi speed bicycles

sniper22

Eagle Icon Lifetime Supporter
Aspiring Christian
203   0
Reaction score
Anyone here tune bicycles? I have 4 that don't seem to shift right and I can' seem to get em straight. 2 of them are near new and 2 are older, but these are cheaper bikes and I can' afford to pay $100+ each to tune bikes that didn' even cost that much. I know this is a long shot but with all the different folks here it's worth a try.

It's not that hard, as in most things mechanical these days You-tube is your friend. Wish you were closer I might be able to help you out. I'm too old and fat to ride but I still fix a few. Good luck.

I will also recommend YouTube, but can you be more specific about what you have and what each are doing. I just replaced a crappy twist/grip shifter on a kids bike with a thumb shifter and it's much easier for my 8 year old to operate. I recommend this on any hard to twist shifter, it was very cheap too. I'm upgrading a second bike as well with 3x7 gears from twist to lever along with new brake levers, derailleurs, and v brakes.

There should be 2 screws on the derailer. Get the bike to where the rear wheel is off the ground and will spin freely. Peddle the bike while slowly turning the screws slowly when you get it where it sounds right shift gears to check it. Go all the way through the gears both ways a couple times and them you should be set

Back
Top Bottom