• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Multi-use Pistol Powder Recomendations?

AlphaMike11

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
47   0
Reaction score
What are your favorite powders for multi-caliber pistol use?

I would like something to use in .380-.45.
Looking for a nice clean-burning economical plinking load, don't really care about high power factors, mainly load to save $
$$.

Just ran out of my favorite surplus powder so before I work up some new loads I thought it best to ask opinions....

In the past I liked AA#2; but more recently have been ready to try some Bullseye I bought.
If i take the time to work up loads for .380- 9mm-.40- & .45 I want to be sure I will not change powders.

Is Bullseye a good candidate?

I rarely load to past 80% of the calibers capability, no hot loads, +P stuff, or anything like that.
Accuracy is important though...

Those are both great powders.

Unique, UniversalClays, W231, and AA#5 are a little more versatile, might work better in the 380 and 40, and can be loaded more safely in the 40S&W.

Unique is the dirtiest. The other three are very clean.

Unique is fairly clean at full power loading's, dirty at what you are looking for.

Bullseye is perfect for what you want.

Glad to hear that Bullseye is a good choice.
I have two or three one pound bottles, do you notice much difference lot-to-lot?

I hate to work up a good load or two and then run out.
That is what happened with the surplus stuff I bought during the powder shortage...

Is Bullseye still a flake powder?

I used it quite a bit in the 1980's 9mm up to 45 ACP.

The smaller charges I used in the 9mm cases seemed to be more difficult to meter accurately with smaller charges.

Back
Top Bottom