• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MUSCLE CARS: The Beauty of Classics & Moderns Super-Cars

It was a lot of work but we show had a good bit of fun. They were about even on horsepower I think I had 50 more horsepower than he did because I had a slightly bigger cam and a set of ls two heads. That boosted my compression from 10 to 1 to 10 and 3/4 to one. And had bigger valves and bigger ports. But I had his car dialed in better than mine cuz I put so much time into it that if he got me off the line he out run me through in the quarter. But if I got out in front of them off the line I just walked away.

I love building engines that's my passion. To be able to pick out performance parts and to have them actually work out correctly is a science and I'm pretty good at that. You can't just go in there and order the biggest thing there is and slap it all together. A lot of guys that have hot rods do that and they wonder why their cars are slow. You got to take you into consideration the port velocity, camshaft lift, compression ratio, header diameter, and CFM flow of the heads and intake manifold. Then after all that you can figure out what size carb you need. If you get it right it'll haul ass if not you'll just have a big engine with a lot of money going nowhere.
Then I blew my back out of whack and it's still not right so I had to go to something a lot lighter and a lot cheaper. Hence the AR-15 building. It's not as involved as an engine but it's fun. And I try to squeeze as much accuracy as I can out of them. It's not so much building the AR that's a piece of cake it's doing stuff to it to make it more accurate because I'm just a Target shooter. And if it's not accurate I'm not happy with it and I wouldn't sell it to somebody else I will just rebarrel it put a new bolt in it and go from there. That's the one thing I take pride in. You can ask anybody that's ever bought anything from me. I would not sell something to them that I wouldn't own myself and I'm very anal about how clean and what shape my equipment is in. If I wouldn't own it I wouldn't sell it to somebody else. And I think pretty much all the people that I've sold to will back me up on that.

Muscle Engines...

Muscle Engines.jpg

I like the old muscle cars, now you have a hard time telling ford's, Chevy, dodged from Toyota, Nissan, ect apart. They look so much alike.
Yep. There was a time I could sit on the front porch and watch cars go by at night. Just by looking at the tail lights I could tell you model, year and engine options. By the sound of the motor I could tell you what motor was in the car. Vehicles back then had their own personality and were works of art.

Back
Top Bottom