• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mushroom hunting (Wild Mushrooms)

Well, so far I am alive. No gastrointestinal issues.
The ones next to the bass all looked good to me. Chanterelles: always grow out of ground, never out of stumps or logs, slight apricot smell, false gills that fork, solid, white flesh when halved. (No hollow cavity where cap meets stem.)

The ones next to the bass all looked good to me. Chanterelles: always grow out of ground, never out of stumps or logs, slight apricot smell, false gills that fork, solid, white flesh when halved. (No hollow cavity where cap meets stem.)

They smelled like apricots when cooking to. Smelled awesome. Tasted even better.

I get a lot of chanterelles in my front yard, they grow symbiotically with oaks.

I get white and gold ones in my yard. reds can be foraged all around the hooch north of the metro.

Here’s a perfect colony of Jack-O-Lanterns for identification purposes. These sometimes glow in the dark. Poisonous though.

23672448-3DDE-41EA-B6F0-1273F49B0D3B.jpeg
35CEA1A8-8545-42EB-8F70-1D07098411D6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom