• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mushroom hunting (Wild Mushrooms)

I'm actually a little nervous to harvest and consume. I was very sure about my Chantrelles and came down with a bit of a body rash. I thought maybe I had a bad one in the mix but then I did a little research and found that people with mold allergies, which I have, sometimes break out from mushrooms. Even ****ake mushrooms. Anyone have any experience with that? I guess shi take mushrooms is considered bad language lol.

I'm actually a little nervous to harvest and consume. I was very sure about my Chantrelles and came down with a bit of a body rash. I thought maybe I had a bad one in the mix but then I did a little research and found that people with mold allergies, which I have, sometimes break out from mushrooms. Even ****ake mushrooms. Anyone have any experience with that? I guess shi take mushrooms is considered bad language lol.
Never heard of that but be careful brother. I always pick and eat cincinnatus. Your pic looks like sulphureus. Still good but you’re smart to not just eat based on others opinions on the internet. Spore print if need be.

Can anyone confirm if these are chanterelles? Found in Barrrow on a friend's land.

Attachments

• 20220907_195951.jpg
    20220907_195951.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220907_202210.jpg
    20220907_202210.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 19
Honestly though. One has to be careful about picking these wild. Some are absolutely delicious and make a lovely side but being uneducated can get you poisoned quick. My suggestion is get a field manual on wild fungi and carry it with you for several trips until you grow competent.

Honestly though. One has to be careful about picking these wild. Some are absolutely delicious and make a lovely side but being uneducated can get you poisoned quick. My suggestion is get a field manual on wild fungi and carry it with you for several trips until you grow competent.
IF you can differentiate between gills and not...chanterelles are probably the safest wild shroom to pick and eat. but yes, 100%

Back
Top Bottom