• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Music Midtown cancelled ?

So the gap toothed pig blames the cancellation on "gun laws" costing Atlanta all the $$ the festival would bring in, but she's just FINE with Atlanta losing the All Star game over voting rights legislation?? That cost black business owners somewhere in the neighborhood of $300 million in revenue. Nothing but crickets from the communists...I'll just say it: I hate these people and all they "stand" for. Frauds.
U so right! America is doomed! How does such a small % get so much done????

I'm confused, how did anyone here "kill access-controlled music festivals"?
I don’t think I said that. The guy who’s got this as a personal crusade posted on Reddit to claim victory, then slunk off when the reaction wasn’t favorable. Is he on here,well, maybe.

All is see here is folks dunking on this particular event because they don’t like the lineup (to the tenor of “it’s their music not mine”). That misses that *all* of the festivals now and future that sell tickets and are in public spaces may go away due to insurance requirements and entertainer contracts. Or maybe they go to a ****ty parking lot instead of somewhere with trees and grass (I did Shaky on the asphalt at Atlantic Station and it sucked by comparison) because we can’t have nice things.

I don’t think I said that. The guy who’s got this as a personal crusade posted on Reddit to claim victory, then slunk off when the reaction wasn’t favorable. Is he on here,well, maybe.

All is see here is folks dunking on this particular event because they don’t like the lineup (to the tenor of “it’s their music not mine”). That misses that *all* of the festivals now and future that sell tickets and are in public spaces may go away due to insurance requirements and entertainer contracts. Or maybe they go to a ****ty parking lot instead of somewhere with trees and grass (I did Shaky on the asphalt at Atlantic Station and it sucked by comparison) because we can’t have nice things.

I suppose some private entity should build a venue on private land then.

Holding a private for profit event on public land where access is restricted is wrong on other levels beyond restricting peoples abilities to defend themselves.

Don’t even get me started on the issues with “public land” on its own.

I've been to the festival a few times. Multiple bands I wanted to hear. Enjoyed much of the music. The way its setup you can pick the stage that suits your tastes. That said, its full of freaks, drugs and near nudity (think body paint, electrical tape x's and fishnet).

Will say their security was pretty intense with metal detectors, bag checks, digital armbands and the like. Strongly doubt any guns, knives or even drinks made it in that way. There were plenty of folks chucking bags of goodies over the fences from outside to in though along the perimeter. I know many on here don't get it, but its too bad they cancelled. Does seem stuntish, but hard to say.

First of all u have Zero feed back and second they can find other private venues for example Atlanta motor speedway go wine somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom