• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

must have for SHTF with a newborn

Congratulations! Lot's of fun ahead of you, and plenty of gray hair....or hair loss.

Formula is good to have but it can go really fast and it's hard to keep a large stock of it. The goat idea sounds good if you have the space & time.

For my two sons, I tended to buy diapers in bulk...like 3 cases of "Super Value" at a time and if they grew out of it I'd just returned the unopened boxes. Same goes for wipes, a couple of the largest boxes at wall mart every time will last a long time. I tended to rip them in half for wet diapers & that spreads them out even longer. Trying to stock up for 6 months of diapers you would need a spare room in the house to store them, they go fast.

One thing I did buy that I never got to use was a re-usable diaper. I never wanted to deal with cleaning it, but it's adjustable for a growing kid and easier than cloth using safety pins to keep it together.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Cot...wjc-wJLJSXAJMEXr7ZqiZLwFhuzpt5B4aAhuVEALw_wcB

Oh, and toy's that don't require electricity/batteries to entertain them. Last thing you need is a kid only entertained by flashing lights and noise, like cell phones, TV or electric toy's.

Gas drops like previously said. We used probiotic drops to help with my first son's stomach problems. The big hurdle is finding the right formula that works for you kid. First one preferred Gerber Soothe & second preferred Enfagrow Gentelease. Thankfully WIC changed brands when it was our second's turn so the cost was much easier to deal with. Our 2nd kid took a lot longer to push the bottle away, but by then his stomach was better at handling other/cheaper brands in the toddler age formula. Oh, and do yourself a favor when it's time to give them milk & buy the organic brand. Walmart & Kroger both offer it & the taste is much better than any of the other standard milk that's offered, not as watered down. Standard D milk compared to organic D milk is like comparing 2% to D. Our kids love it and we go through about 3 gallons a week. I know it's not something to prep with but it's really good.

Goat milk is okay, a little gamey but my wife likes it. If you are eligible for WIC, you can request goat milk as a substitute to regular, it's what we did since we could never drink standard milk after trying organic.

Finally made it

Attachments

• 20210211_191042.jpg
    20210211_191042.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom