• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mustang Wood Grips

Keep in mind that in the 1970s and early 1980s, there were two brands of revolver that many people actually used then that are pretty rare safe queens today: Colts, and Dan Wessons. Even the Python was a gun working class people would actually carry, and shoot. Even more so for the Trooper, Diamondback, etc. And Dan Wessons were fairly popular, although I have no idea what their grips looked like or how they attached to the fame.
The Mustang Company was in California and a family business. Husband and Wife (wife was not a worker in the factory) BECAUSE California is 50% state... Anyway, she filed for divorce and got 1/2 the company, the husband was battling to either purchase or fight the ruling but it was cost prohibitive so he just shut it down.

Mustang was kind of known for making an "custom" grip that was popular with the police departments, most of their larger frame grips were referred to as a 2 x 4 with a screw. Personally I thing they are comfortable but not for probably not for small hands .

These grips retailed for about 25 - 35$ in late 60's early 70's money.... As the years got closer its end Pacmeyer stepped up its game and that is how the big three became the big two...

That's my grip story for the day...

Back
Top Bottom