• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 1st and last ND Very nasty pics. I get to go back to work

So, two years later.... have you ever figured out what caused the double action only revolver to shoot?
I can't imagine any revolver with DA trigger pull (twice as heavy and twice as long range of motion to travel compared to most striker-fired automatics) going off by accident from handling one to unload it and accidentally getting a finger inside the trigger guard, if that's what happened at all.
I've been carrying DA revolvers loose in my pocket on and off for 20 years (in other states where it was legal, before it was legal to carry without any holster in Georgia).
And I've always felt safe. 10-14 lb. trigger pull. Long stroke. Not something that's going to happen unintentionally.
At least that's what I was "confident" in saying until I saw this thread.

I bet the hammer snagged on something, got partially cocked-and then fell forward.

That is easy to have happen.

And it happens on many guns with exposed hammers (I know of two who got bit by 1911s in that manner.)

Last edited:
I bet the hammer snagged on something, got partially cocked-and then fell forward.

That is easy to have happen.

And it happens on many guns with exposed hammers (I know of two who got bit by 1911s in that manner.)
It was pure lack of discipline and carelessness on my behalf and I paid for it. It was a hammer less ruger lcr so no way it wasn't my fault
I saw this long ago and again today and wondered the same thing. How the heck does a long pull DA like that go off without an intentional trigger pull? Maybe it got hung up on something?

So, two years later.... have you ever figured out what caused the double action only revolver to shoot?
I can't imagine any revolver with DA trigger pull (twice as heavy and twice as long range of motion to travel compared to most striker-fired automatics) going off by accident from handling one to unload it and accidentally getting a finger inside the trigger guard, if that's what happened at all.
I've been carrying DA revolvers loose in my pocket on and off for 20 years (in other states where it was legal, before it was legal to carry without any holster in Georgia).
And I've always felt safe. 10-14 lb. trigger pull. Long stroke. Not something that's going to happen unintentionally.
At least that's what I was "confident" in saying until I saw this thread.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Accidents can and do happen. I don't ever call these NDs anyhow. They are accidents. People have accidents in cars, they have accidents with power tools and ladders and all sorts of things.

Two people I know well were injured by accidental discharges. Neither one was careless or what I would call negligent. Stuff happens. Accidents happen. Maybe this will make us all pause and be a little more careful in our dealings. Accidents happen to the best of us-and only the very best will share an experience like this to help us all learn.

ND's can happen to anyone...
11295584_10202812943643753_5704524924495416335_n.jpg

1524725_10202812943843758_2056689868873898494_n.jpg

11330030_10202812944043763_7438659147546828952_n.jpg

11228117_10202812944243768_6456797988647362686_n.jpg

Haha, did you just do that?
I can neither confirm or deny these events. I dont know how many thousands of times I've handles and cleared guns and it only takes one **** up to humble you. Also, Liberty Civil Defense 9mm has a very low flash powder and very mild recoil, but the hollow point will plug with drywall....

Back
Top Bottom