• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My 240" Morning

karlvv30

Wolf Icon Supporter
Bad at deer hunting
19   0
Reaction score
So it's been almost 2 weeks now and I've had some time to reflect. I can tell the story better now. 2 Saturdays ago I shot a decent mature buck. Myself and 2 friends spent many hours looking and found just 6 or 7 drops of blood. I was really angry and I was going to drink beer and not hunt the next morning even though my go to spot was going to be open for the first time during firearms season. 6 beers in and I changed my mind. I knew I had to be in my spot. So Sunday morning comes and I go out in my spot. Get set up 45 minutes before shooting light. Great morning and everything is perfect. About 15 minutes after sunrire I hear 2 bucks fighting like hell. They were close but I couldn't see them. It only lasted 20-30 seconds and then silence. 30 seconds later this 5.5 year old 11 point runs right out to me. I shot him and he dropped in his tracks.
1028180812.jpg

3 minutes later he was still taking breaths so I shot him again to finish him. 2 minutes later I get down and go right up to him. I laid my gun on him and took this pic.
1028180824.jpg

I start doing what we do, that is I posted on ODT and texted my hunting buddies. Then I hear it. Burrrrhhhhhh......burrrhhhhhhh. There is another buck coming. I pick up my shotty and look to my left and I am 25 yards away face to face with a 6.5 year old 10 point that just whooped this buck. He wasn't coming to say hi. I pulled up quickly and shot him right in the heart. He did a 180 and ran off but I heard him crash 40 yards away in the brush. I walked to the spot where I shot him and there was a line of blood that looked like it was shot out of a hose. I walked to where I heard him crash and I scared off a doe. She was the reason for my luck. I get there and see this.
1028180832.jpg

By this time I am in shock. I think I'm dreaming and it's time to wake up. Well I am up.....so I grab this stud and drag him over to the other buck.
1028180841.jpg

Now the ODT posts and texts get furious. I dont think anyone believed me at first. ****.....I didn't believe it. Lucky for me I had a battle buddy hunting 500 yards down from me. I ruined his day and he saved mine. I'd be dead in the woods if I had to drag both these studs out. We dragged them out and even though he was whooped my buddy still was able to take some pics for me.
1028180938b.jpg

1028180942a.jpg

So this is the story. I had the best morning hunting that I've ever heard of. I will cherish this moment as long as I live. I could hunt for 50 more years and never have another day like this day. I want to thank you all for being a huge part of this day. This group makes hunting even more awesome than it already is.

Back
Top Bottom