My 87 Cutty

Bass Akwards

Default rank 5000+ posts
Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
48   0
Reaction score
Holy ****!, look at what I got in the mail today.

This car was my granny's back when I was a teenager, recently my dad asked I could sell it for him, I said yeah real easy, I will buy it consider it sold and picked it up today.

I drove this car some when I was teenager and now my son will be able to drive it as a teenager as well!
I LOVE the old school feel of it.
Cassette deck, cig lighter, ashtrays in the back of the seats, the gas cap is behind the license plate, no air bags etc.
It is the (I think) last year they made this car in RWD, maybe 88, it's got the 5.0 307 with a 4 speed auto. 4BBL with 87K miles

This car will be a beauty again without a doubt.
It sat for about 5-6 years till today, I went to the parts store to get a new battery and starting fluid. I asked the guys at the counter how to get the old gas out of the tank, he said there is no need to drain it if, he and a customer both recommended that I put some seafaom and some fresh gas in it, use the starting fluid to start and keep it running until the new mixture of fuel made it through the system....she purrs like a kitten!

Besides the obvious paint job, I believe the valve seals are leaking and it burns oil quite a bit, everything else seems to be in good shape at this point. I want to fully restore this car, this will be my first project car that will eventually be a complete redo.
Where should I, or where you y'all start?

cutty on the trailer.jpg

sometimes when a car sits for a long time it will look like its
burning oil when you fire it up,but the motor is healthy

stuck pvc valve would also be something to check/replace

great cars

Back
Top Bottom