• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My attempt at making a grip chop look “factory Glock”

I did it for three reasons. I had an extra Glock 19 slide, it was cheaper to get a frame than a 26, and I wanted to see if I could do it.
I understand the point of seeing if you could do it. And seriously it came out well. It takes second look at the grip end to be certain it's not a professional/ aftermarket job. But after seeing this thread I googled images of G26 models with G19 barrels. Seems like a much easier way to go. But yeah you mentioned already owning the extra G19 parts.

I did it for three reasons. I had an extra Glock 19 slide, it was cheaper to get a frame than a 26, and I wanted to see if I could do it.

I thought about doing that to an old gen3 just to see if could too, but in the end I decided the 1/2” bbl length just wasn’t significant enough and I’d rather just carry a 26. Would’ve been fun though! That looks pretty amazing.

I understand the point of seeing if you could do it. And seriously it came out well. It takes second look at the grip end to be certain it's not a professional/ aftermarket job. But after seeing this thread I googled images of G26 models with G19 barrels. Seems like a much easier way to go. But yeah you mentioned already owning the extra G19 parts.

It has other perks too, the sight radius is longer, vs. just having the 19 barrel. You can also throw on a rail mounted light. I personally think it looks cool. Like a modern day CCO 1911. Commander slide on officer frame.

Glock mod love is flowing on the ODT and the haters have yet to chime in...yet.

I’m pretty sure that is one of the signs of the coming apocalypse!

Seriously, if you can efficiently replicate that, I believe there is a market for work of that quality.

Back
Top Bottom