• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

my backyard this morning

Codyology

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
There was more behind the red barn the one pictured finally noticed me standing on the back porch. The fiancee keeps seeing a 2 nice bucks real early in the morning when she's leaving for work. I've only got a couple looks at them at before they jumped the fence behind the barn. Dang and I keep scouting out all these places away from the house.
But i know as soon as i stick one with with the crossbow they'll all take off for the rest of the year.
Might put a ladder up against the barn and put something on top on the barn so they get usest to it this week and get up there opening day and see if the buck jumps the fence.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130905_072030.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_20130905_072030_1.jpg

But dang I'd hate to waste opening morning in my back yard besides the spot I picked out on the corps of engineers property on a swamp spot.

But I've been thinking of instead of that is getting a trail cam and putting it up on the fence post and see what happens.

But dang I'd hate to waste opening morning in my back yard besides the spot I picked out on the corps of engineers property on a swamp spot.

But I've been thinking of instead of that is getting a trail cam and putting it up on the fence post and see what happens.

Dude I would! Put a shovel In the ground and hand one from it, lol redneck engineering! Used to have a hunting buddy who shot a 10 pointer out of his back door making coffee one morning! Lucky sob lived near Rich MTN. WMA.

Hey, your barn roof idea has merit. You might also add to that an old smelly Tshirt so that the critters get used to that scent. Then, when you are on the barn roof they will never have a clue.

That's how I got my turkey this year dang already got dressed for work and walked past the backdoor and about fell over when I seen 5 in the back yard. About broke my neck running towards the other end of the house to get the shotgun.
Take a chunk out of the door frame when i shot had the shotgun up against the frame and the shell lug at the end knocked a plug out.

Work wasnt to happy about the calling In sick so I could clean a turkey.

I wish I could hunt the land behind me it has to be close to 100acres or more. But its county land with signs all over it with the good old stuff saying we'll lock you up if you try.

Back
Top Bottom