• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

my backyard this morning

Barn......much better than opening day with a bunch of yahoos in the woods.

There is always some numb nut that stinks up my spot at 11:30 am after I've been on stand since a half hour before first light.

This year I moved out to the country where I have different small herds of deer in the back yard every morning and some stragglers any given time of day.
I had two almost identical 8 point bucks in the back yard....only saw them once but now I know they're in there so I will be using my riding mower as a bench rest for my crossbow.
No worry about my scent since they are already used to the gas fumes.

I need a game cam so I can make y'all jealous with pics.....he,he.

I haven't seen any fawns yet but I've been looking cause I don't want to take out the one they are attached too when there's other does in the herd.

I've actually looked at the situation on the barn I don't really have a good shot there the angle of the roof makes it so I only have about 15feet or less of the fence after they jump over. But if I move at all the jig is up. But found a spot on the other side of the barn they won't notice me. Til after they jump its blocked by a tree down on one side and gives a perfect 20yard less shoot. Lol I'm thinking about this too much.

I hung up some camo netting today. And put a shirt on theground on the otherr side of the barn.

Got a 10 pt hanging on the wall in the living room that came out of my back yard. Had his nose to the ground following a doe that had just came through, he had no clue I was even in his world. .308 baby! Trophy and tasty venison can't be beat!

I haven't seen any fawns yet but I've been looking cause I don't want to take out the one they are attached too when there's other does in the herd.

I've actually looked at the situation on the barn I don't really have a good shot there the angle of the roof makes it so I only have about 15feet or less of the fence after they jump over. But if I move at all the jig is up. But found a spot on the other side of the barn they won't notice me. Til after they jump its blocked by a tree down on one side and gives a perfect 20yard less shoot. Lol I'm thinking about this too much.

I hung up some camo netting today. And put a shirt on theground on the otherr side of the barn.

Yeah, sounds like you could Benefit from a cheap ground blind....throw it out there and let em get used to it.....stick a mineral block out or a feeder.

Back
Top Bottom