My balls have never been so

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
40   0
Reaction score
Abused from low ball offers in my entire life compared to the offers I've received in the last few months on ODT...wow....it's insane.

I price moderate. Yes I price high at times but hell, I have a Glock 17 posted now with some costly but efficient upgrades, all in all retail speaking it's $1400 Or so before taxes/shipping. I am facing medical issues and need $ considerably quick so I'm asking $1,000 which saves the average joe minimum $400 if they wanted the same build.

I have been offered $600 from one dude, saying my upgrades are not that expensive or useful and unless it had a red dot it's only worth $600. Then a $750 offer because I'm way overpriced since his buddy gets him ZEV parts on the low low way cheaper than msrp.

If you can't afford the MF don't offer me trash. I'm not talking about someone offering $75-$100 less than asking price. That's respectable. But if you offer me half my already reasonable asking price then please go play in traffic because that's honestly just straight disrespect in my eyes.

End rant

Custom anything is only valuable to the owner, or the two people across the country that have exactly the same tastes.

You never build a custom (insert item here) and expect to recoupe any of your expenses.
Better to put as close to OE and sell the custom stuff separate.

Custom anything is only valuable to the owner, or the two people across the country that have exactly the same tastes.

You never build a custom (insert item here) and expect to recoupe any of your expenses.
Better to put as close to OE and sell the custom stuff separate.

I never expect to get any return on my investment when it's custom. But when I'm asking 40% below retail and then get offered half of that? Nahhhhhh take a hike.

Easy, reply: No thanks
(click)

Been this route a few times with cars and guns, get all excited spend a bunch of money on accessories and upgrade but then after the thrill is gone or I want to sell it quickly find I've narrowed the selling audience to just a few people and I'll be expecting tire kickers, low ballers, and lots of nonsense as well as a long wait time for it to sell or if it doesn't then I have to lower the price to move it or decide it's not worth it for me to sell...

Just the way it goes...

Are you guys missing my point here? I'm not expecting to get any where close to my money back out of the builds. But when I'm already pricing it down 35-40% from what retail calls. Then get offered HALF of that is pretty pitiful. If you don't have the money, don't offer. If you don't have the money, don't post jealous and condescending comments on ads. If you don't have the money, go get the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom