• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Cartersville LEO friend looking for new career opportunity (resume)

I wish I had known about it sooner but check out anchorage Alaska
Cost of living similar to Lawrenceville
5 year lateral entry condensed FTO/academy $35.65 start hr
After FTO/academy $43.00 hr then start raises.
Large city but advancement not stupid liberal like most metro Atlanta city/county departments
400,000 people

Or consider one of the only 7-8 other Alaska departments that pay similar. I know several who work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off paid food housing. Bethel pd, kotszebue pd, north slope borough
There is a reason it is 2 on, 2 off in the Bush. After living in SE Bush and in Anchorage for 20 years, there is no amount of money that would entice me to work in Bethel or North slope

A dear friend of mine that I would trust with everything I have is looking to make a career move and asked me if I knew of anything… He is reliable , no drugs , no BS , kind, smart , hard working, and a quick learner…

I have his resume attached if anyone knows of anything

My advice to him if he wants to make a serious change of careers , is get to the local community college and take up IT classes with a focus on Security.

His background as a police officer, plus some certifications in security will make him very hirable.
In fact, if he gets some decent certifications, he could go back to Target.
Target is actually one of the largest criminal forensics companies in the country.

Retailer Target Branches Out Into Police Work Minneapolis Forensics Lab, Donations Help Law Enforcement Agencies

There is a reason it is 2 on, 2 off in the Bush. After living in SE Bush and in Anchorage for 20 years, there is no amount of money that would entice me to work in Bethel or North slope
Yeah I’ve heard that too. Occasionally a vil
our field has access to a village and one of the north slope Burrough cops comes by. Most of them hate it due to the politics. But anyone who says they wouldn’t do 2/2 for 120k a year hasn’t done it in Georgia for $14 an hour. Which is around what a lot of rural counties pay.

Yeah I’ve heard that too. Occasionally a vil

our field has access to a village and one of the north slope Burrough cops comes by. Most of them hate it due to the politics. But anyone who says they wouldn’t do 2/2 for 120k a year hasn’t done it in Georgia for $14 an hour. Which is around what a lot of rural counties pay.
What field? I was on Alpine 15 years ago.

It’s just gone west more. They’ve gone past 5 about 12 miles and dropped in mt6. Another 9 past that is mt7. Just got the first oil off 7 this past fall. That’s all gravel now. Check out my Facebook page chilly dawgs photography if you want. You may recognize some stuff. They brought up Doyon 26 and it’s still on its first well. It’s an extended reach to 9 miles. It’s the largest rig in North America.

Back
Top Bottom