My CC PERMIT DENIED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbill1973z28

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   1
Reaction score
This is the problem, 3 charges, from 77,78.79 . All which we dropped, or payed,or time served! ( just never closed on the books)
So at every renew I have to do the deed go to the ****ing DC ZOO! Deal with the zoo keeper, and all the ****ing Primates!
why can’t they get it straight? I have my CC, have had for years, but it’s this way ever time! Wtf

I had the same issue with my renewal. Moved to Douglas county 3 years ago and had to renew my permit (issued and renewed in Cherokee County previously) and got denied because of a dismissed incident from 2010. Took me 5 minutes to find it online but had to make the round trip to get "certified" copies and submit them. Still waiting for approval a month later. Did ask them to return my certified copies for the next renewal, assuming approval. I'm thinking it's a money grab since they charge for the copies and a reconsideration fee, $35 renewal turned into $60 plus time and gas.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with my renewal. Moved to Douglas county 3 years ago and had to renew my permit (issued and renewed in Cherokee County previously) and got denied because of a dismissed incident from 2010. Took me 5 minutes to find it online but had to make the round trip to get "certified" copies and submit them. Still waiting for approval a month later. Did ask them to return my certified copies for the next renewal, assuming approval. I'm thinking it's a money grab since they charge for the copies and a reconsideration fee, $35 renewal turned into $60 plus time and gas.

It’s crazy had my cc over 20 years! Same bull ****! They have my paperwork attached to my phone but it is not certified copies and this fine upstanding you probate judge that we have who has been selling ***** online she won’t except

Other probate judges won't accept unofficial copies of court documents either. It's not just her.

If you DO have access to certified docs that prove the case was dismissed or is otherwise not anything that DQ's you from a Ga Weapons Carry License, sumbit it to her.

You should only have to do this one time in that county. Tell them to put that certified copy in "your file" at the Probate Court.

Other people who had serious criminal charges brought, but later dismissed, or dead docketed 30, 40 or 50 years ago could be in a much worse situation:
where the court does not have the records anymore (they either never saved the records in the first place or they destroyed them as a space saving measure after 20 years).

Those GWL applicants can't just go down to the courthouse and pay a small fee to get a certified copy of the dismissal, since there is no dismissal to be found on the record! They might end up having to hire a lawyer, to file a motion for a judge to officially dismiss it retroactively, now for then.

That was the first thing I asked and was told they "don't keep a file" which is why I asked for them to be returned. Don't want to have to make that 3 hour round trip again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom