• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My Coworkers tried eating crow

never had fox but i have had racoon and thought it was gross, i think that is just the part where predators just taste like ****
We had some BAKED raccoon one time and it was OK.Coot gizzards are good.Didnt like possum at all.Woodpecker HELL NO. like eating excelsior

haha yup, one of my good ol favorites in all of my entomology and biology classes is we always would have an insect day for those brave enough and it was there i learned A. to be too quick to judge because you can be surprised. B. most insects are ****ing tasty when prepared right

Do you still prepare and eat bugs today or was that just at that time? I've heard of a person who enjoyed eating fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants, but you just don't see that kind of thing in the grocery store, lol.

haha yup, one of my good ol favorites in all of my entomology and biology classes is we always would have an insect day for those brave enough and it was there i learned A. to be too quick to judge because you can be surprised. B. most insects are ****ing tasty when prepared right
Again, it’s all about the mental block and I honestly don’t think I could get past it! LOL!

We had some BAKED raccoon one time and it was OK.Coot gizzards are good.Didnt like possum at all.Woodpecker HELL NO. like eating excelsior

I heard of a guy who could cooked bbq coon and from what I gathered it was incredible. That being said that's one I've not tried to replicate. Good gizzards huh? Be about the same as a wood duck's gizzard wouldn't it? Someone cooked a bunch up the other day. Looked good to me.

Do you still prepare and eat bugs today or was that just at that time? I've heard of a person who enjoyed eating fried grasshoppers and chocolate covered ants, but you just don't see that kind of thing in the grocery store, lol.

havent for awhile but it was easy, dried mealworms were the best, tasted just like walnuts

You got me wanting to eat crow now. Considering in most states they are a pest animal and noisy you may be able to gather up quite a bit of them for chow. I wanna try it now.

Met many folks in GA who ate robins. Wanted to try it....Still might...

Just checked regs (TN) and the opener for Crow is 1 June and closes 28 Feb. - NO LIMIT!

Back
Top Bottom